MACS heavy-duty mobile A/C training with Mahle October 5-6 in York, PA
MACS member, Mahle Service Solutions located in York, PA has graciously opened its manufacturing facility for a MACS Section 609 Certification class on Thursday, October 5 from 2pm-5pm. Also, on Friday, October 6 MACS and Mahle will host a MACS Heavy-duty Vehicle Mobile A/C Best Practices clinic from 9am-3pm. Steve Schaeber, MACS manager of service training will present the MACS clinic material and representatives from Mahle Service Solutions will demonstrate recovery and recycling techniques using their equipment on a heavy-duty vehicle.
Thursday, Section 609 class will include:
- Why venting refrigerant is prohibited
- Rules and regulations applicable to mobile A/C service
- A/C tools and equipment requirements
- Current and new refrigerants, including R-152a, R-1234yf, and R-744 (CO2)
- OE manufacturer recommendations
- Finding leaks
- How to properly recover refrigerant
Friday, seminar topics in the MACS clinic will include:
- Mobile A/C system types: components and operation
- Condensers, evaporators, compressors, lines and hoses
- Receiver/Driers & TXVs – accumulators and OTs
- Control devices: What they are and how they work
- Diagnosing, testing and servicing mobile A/C systems
- Refrigerant recovery and recycling
- Compressor diagnosis and replacement
- Proper oil balancing and accurate charging
- A/C system troubleshooting and performance testing
- Best practices repair methods
Cost to attend this training event is $75 for member of MACS and $125 for non-members. The event will include lunch. To register or become a member of MACS attendees can call the MACS office at 215-631-7020 x 0, visit the MACS website and register through the events tab, or fax a registration to 215-631-7017.
To learn more about MACS member Mahle Service Solutions, visit their website at http://www.servicesolutions.mahle.com . Mahle has been a member of MACS for 18 years.
Since 1981, the Mobile Air Conditioning Society (MACS) Worldwide has been the advocate for service and repair owners, distributors, manufacturers and educators making their living in the total vehicle climate and thermal management industry.
MACS Worldwide empowers members to grow their businesses and delivers tangible member benefits through industry advocacy with government regulators and by providing accurate, unbiased training information, training products, training curriculum and money-saving affinity member services. MACS has assisted more than 1-million technicians to comply with the 1990 Clean Air Act requirements for certification in refrigerant recovery and recycling to protect the environment.
To learn more about MACS Worldwide visit our website at www.macsw.org. The MACS 2018 Training Event and Trade Show, A/Ccess will take place February 14-17 at the Caribe Royale Hotel and Convention Center in Orlando, FL. A current calendar of all regional training can be found on the training page of MACS website.