CAT vehicle service and T/CCI climatic wind tunnel technology
MACS clinic on Friday, May 29
The Mobile Air Conditioning Society (MACS) Worldwide and members Caterpillar and T/CCI have joined forces to host a CAT vehicle service and T/CCI climatic wind tunnel technology mobile A/C clinic. This unique, high-value, diagnostics-centered training event for the heavy duty and off-road vehicle A/C technician will take place on Friday, May 29, 2015 from 8:00am to 3:00pm CDT at T/CCI’ s climatic wind tunnel facility in Decatur, IL.
Daniel Spurgeon from Caterpillar will cover the following topics focusing on service for CAT vehicles:
• Review importance of pulling a deep vacuum
• Refrigerant recovery, system evacuation, and recharge procedure
• Leak detection importance; comparison of different methods
• Review conditioner groups from several machine products (plan to have several units on display)
• Review of individual system components and their function (dryers, accumulators, expansion devices, etc...) and more.
T/CCI instructors Jim Guthridge and Dick Ennis will present the following:
T/CCI will also hold tours and demonstrations utilizing their state-of-the-art climatic wind tunnel facility and present valuable service information in a dynamic presentation called, Climatic Wind Tunnel: "Let's Test It!” This unique service demonstration will cover:
Click here for more information on the T/CCI Climatic Wind Tunnel
• T/CCI will demonstrate a real charge determination of a “normal” passenger vehicle and have direct interaction with the members including allowing them to plot pressure temperatures, superheat and sub-cooling.
• T/CCI using the same vehicle and climatic wind tunnel will continue the charge determination into an “overcharged” condition to demonstrate the effect on not properly compensating for residual oil in the system.
• T/CCI will then pull charge and oil from the same system which will dramatically show the effect of reduced refrigerant and oil charge.
• T/CCI will facilitate the walk-through of the climatic wind tunnel to demonstrate severe cooling conditions.
Registration for MACS members is $75 and $125 for non-members. Space is limited, register soon.
Not a MACS member yet? What are you waiting for? Click here
Register online when you click here or call 215/631-7020 x 306. Click here for a registration form.